Sunday, October 11, 2020

Why Didn't I Listen

 




Why Didn’t I Listen…?

 

When they told me that touching the hot things on the stove would burn my hand

When they told me that dating the wrong person was a bad idea

When they told me to pay attention and do my work in school

When they told me to get an honest job, stay employed and find a career

When they told me what I was doing could get me into trouble with the law

When they told me there was more to life than always just trying to have fun

When they told me that what I started using was addictive

When they told me that I could achieve my goals if I just put the time into it

When they told me to focus and take things seriously and I would make it

When they told me to stop hanging around with the wrong people

When they told me that I should be careful who I decided to trust

When they told me that I should get help and that I did not have to live that way

When they told me I don’t have to do it alone

When they told me ______________ (You fill in the blank)


What is one thing either from this list or from your own memory that you wished you listened to in the past?

 

What would you go back and tell your younger self about this if you could?

 

Keep it positive – The past is the past and we all make mistakes, but we can learn from them and grow! – We know better now and can do better! -What will you do today to live a better life?


Freedom from our past mistakes and poor choices begins

the moment we start to adapt and grow so as to stop repeating them


PRINTABLE VERSION: click here

For this and other material for group therapy, visit 

www.takingtheescalator.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment