Monday, December 19, 2022

Wish List

 


Wish List – This is just a simple group activity to generate discussion about what good things people wish for themselves, for their loved ones, and for others, and how to take action to attain these hopes. First watch this VIDEO INTRODUCTION: https://youtu.be/U-xJi6SbaM0

 

Directions: As a group complete and discuss the following “I wish” sentences:

 

I wish to get better and better at…

I wish to increase this positive quality in myself…

I wish I knew and truly understood…

I wish more people understood this about me….

I wish I could learn…

I wish for myself (Something realistic that you didn’t already say) …

I wish for myself (fantasy – anything goes) …

I wish for my child or children….

I wish for my significant other/spouse/partner, sibling(s) or parents…

I wish for my other family member (pick one you haven’t mentioned yet)

I wish more people would/could…

I wish the world as a whole would/could…

I wish for everyone in this group…

I wish that (group member) could (positive and encouraging thought) …

Three random wishes I have not already mentioned are:

I wish….

I wish….

I wish….

Closing Discussion Questions:

What is something you either heard or said today that stands out to you the most?

 

When you consider why you are here, how can your goals related to this group or program help you see some of these wishes start to come true?

 

What action can you take personally to make some of these wishes and hopes come true, even if it’s a start?


CLICK FOR PRINTABLE VERSION



www.takingtheescalator.com














No comments:

Post a Comment